Thursday, July 22, 2010

I took a little trip…


Not to the Mississip’ but to Iowa.Lamoni, Iowa. I headed out Tuesday mid morning to do a few things for work and to try and beat the predicted storm.
I left Mickey at home because it was just too hot for me to have to worry about him, even in a running car.

I headed north on I-35 and when I reached the visitor’s center what did I spy?

Why metal cows of course…


Did you know that there was a ‘Chief Lamoni’ AND that he had a hotel?


Anyway, not much to update on lately. Just keeping busy with work and getting a lot of planting done at home.

In fact, just last weekend I planted over 120 Rose of Sharon’s, Yucca and Antler Trees….and trust me, I have the blisters to prove it!

I made it back home before the rain fell from the clouds and though it has rained quite a bit lately, you won’t find me complaining because that means less watering for me!

Well I’m headed off to Weston, Mo. today for an antique special. Hope I don’t spend more money than I make!

I’ll bring back pictures.

Have a terrific day!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Love the metal cows!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Hi, I am now following you under my new name. I needed to lose the 'housewife' part of the old one; so here it is.

Do you mind if I grab that pic of the cows and show a friend? She is cow crazy!!